There’s nothing more empowering than a library card. Through access to technology, media resources, and educational programs, libraries provide people of all ages the opportunity to pursue their dreams and passions. September is Library Card-Sign-up Month. If you don't have a library card, visit your local library to discover what you've been missing.
Throughout September, we're celebrating the value of libraries! Do you love the library’s summer reading program, storytime, or book club? Checking out DVDs, magazines, or cake pans? Do you simply enjoy getting lost in the magic of a good book? We want to know how YOU library!
How to Participate
Participating is easy:
- Snap a pic or shoot a video showcasing what you love about the library or choose a library element below that best applies to you.
- Post to Instagram, X, or on the I Love Libraries Facebook page with the hashtag #HowILibrary.
- Tag your library and your friends to help spread the word!
What's in it for you? In addition to the gratification of supporting libraries, there’s also a chance to win great prizes:
- Grand Prize (1 winner): A Disney gift card ($150.00 USD value) and a one-year subscription to Disney+ Premium ($109.99 USD value)
- First Prize (1 winner): A VISA gift card $150.00 USD value) and choice of one ALA Graphics poster
- Second Prize (3 winners): Choice of one ALA Graphics poster
Join the #HowILibrary movement, and let's make this the best Library Card Sign-up Month ever!
Click on the images below to enlarge.
Subscribe to the I Love Libraries newsletter for library news and advocacy updates.
Support I Love Libraries and our efforts to promote the value of libraries and librarians.